- This event has passed.
Continuing Education: Control, Protocol, and Risk Management Seminar for Dental Professional Liability
March 16 @ 7:30 am - 12:30 pm$75
Every practice strives to provide dental care for patients in an effective manner with the highest quality outcome. In order to achieve that, risk management associated with all treatment must be addressed concurrently using the latest principles and techniques available. When the proper protocols and policies are employed, patients can be treated safely and efficiently in a controlled risk-lowered environment. This seminar is comprehensive in nature and meant to provide the most current information on risk management for you to utilize in your practice. It is presented by a dentist with decades of extensive clinical and risk management experience. In conjunction, there will be a segment by local counsel addressing the specific dental practice act of the state. Attendees will earn up to 4.5 hours of continuing education credit upon completion of the seminar. Additionally, dentists insured with the Professional Protector Plan® for Dentists (PPP) will receive a 10% professional liability premium discount for three successive years. Dentists who are not insured with the PPP may be eligible for credit by purchasing PPP coverage within one year of attending the seminar.
The following risk management fundamentals will be addressed in this seminar:
- Management of patient communications by choosing words wisely, listening intently, earning trust and respect, and creating the happy and loyal patient
- Implementing office policy so the entire team utilizes the same risk and safety policies
- Providing clinical treatment that meets or exceeds the accepted standard of care in your locality
- Understanding the basic principles of accepted chart and record documentation and the responsibilities of protecting patient health information
- Effective patient management regarding non-clinical issues and adverse events
- Fundamentals of legal concepts, including general informed consent, vicarious liability and negligence
Coordinated by: R.K. Tongue Co., Inc.
Friday, March 16, 2018
22400 Flagstaff Plaza | Ashburn, Virginia 20148
Lightfoot Lee Ballroom
Registration: 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Seminar: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.