- This event has passed.
PPP Dental Risk Management Seminar
March 26, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
One of the most successful programs available, the CNA Healthcare Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Seminar is designed for dentists and staff who wish to enhance patient care and reduce their chance of having a malpractice claim.
Safe and effective dental care requires close attention to patient needs while managing the various risks associated with clinical practice. Implementing effective patient safety and risk management strategies to protect your patients and your practice can help to improve patient outcomes and minimize the possibility of a malpractice claim. Learn from the experiences of your colleagues, as our presentation and discussion of claim scenarios teach you and your staff about key risk exposures.
The topics discussed during the course include:
- Dental incident scenarios and examples.
- Claim trends and related considerations.
- Communication topics, principles and approaches.
- Adverse event issues, prevention and management.
- Record keeping and documentation practices.
- Informed consent and informed refusal procedures.
- Patient care/patient management risks.
- Emerging risk issues and much more.
One of the most comprehensive risk management programs available, the CNA Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Seminar is presented by a dentist with risk management expertise and includes an update of state-specific issues by a local defense attorney. In addition, each seminar participant receives a comprehensive risk management manual, complete with sample forms and helpful risk management tips.
Developed by dentists for both dentists and their staff members, this presentation will provide you with skills, tips and techniques to help you better manage patient care, as well as strengthen your leadership role in the practice.
After attending the CNA Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Seminar, participants should be able to:
- Implement a team approach to patient safety and risk management practices.
- Effectively apply the informed consent process to improve patient understanding, safety and satisfaction.
- Enhance and apply skills and principles such as emotional intelligence, empathy and active listening to facilitate effective communication with patients, co-workers and colleagues.
- Develop and implement methods to document and assess adverse outcomes and patient dissatisfaction.
- Assess the risk management implications of various doctor-patient interactions, including informed refusal and patient termination.
- Implement record keeping practices that enhance patient care and reduce malpractice risks.
- Understand how the standard of care and negligence apply to dental professional liability.
This informative program will motivate you to assess your practice, apply critical thinking, make prudent choices that enhance patient care and help you to reduce your risk of a malpractice claim.
The risk management seminars are sponsored by CNA on behalf of the PPP and are hosted locally by PPP State Administrator agents. We invite you to join the tens of thousands of dentists and staff who have improved their practices by attending the CNA Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Seminar.
Seminar attendees will receive up to 4.5 hours of dental continuing education credit. Education hours toward state license renewal requirements may vary by state, according to licensing board requirements or restrictions.
The seminars are open to all dentists and their staff members. Since seating is limited, priority will be given to dentist attendees. Those attendees insured under the Professional Protector Plan for Dentists (underwritten by CNA) will receive a credit on their professional liability premium upon renewal. Dentists not currently insured by the Professional Protector Plan can qualify for the credit if they purchase their coverage within one year of attending the seminar.